It is Fire Prevention Week and there are a number of Fire Prevention Week materials available online providing important fire saftely tips.
The 2018 Fire Prevention campaign
Look for places fire could start.
Listen for the sound of the smoke alarm.
Learn two ways out of every room.
Here is a copy of fire safety tips from https://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/publications/fpw_2018_handout.pdf
Tips from flyer:
1. Keep anything that can catch fire away from your stovetop.
2. All heaters need space. Keep anything that can burn at least 3 feet from heating equipment.
3. Make sure everyone in your home knows the alarm sound and what to do if they hear it.
4. Find two ways out of every room.
5. Make sure doors and windows are not blocked.
6. Get outside to your meeting place.
For more information you can go to https://www.usfa.fema.gov/prevention/outreach/fpw.html